Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 1: The Quest for The Purest Ingredients Begins...

Today is the day I am starting my blog about clean eating, holding all cooks accountable and understanding, dissecting and approving everything ( i mean everything) I put in my body as well as the beautiful bodies of my three boys and husband! I am not going at this half way - I will tear apart a label and find out what each ingredient is and where it comes from. Right now I eat meat and chicken, i'll have a bite or two of my husband's steak, i'll eat a turkey burger once and a while and I try to eat a lot of fish. I don't know where this blog/research will take me - but if it leads me to being a vegetarian or vegan i'll follow that path.
I know as many of you do that big corporations are cooking for us with little or no concerns for our health. I know there are big words and lots and lots of ingredients in store bought items that I have never heard of and can't even pronounce, I know there are fillers, pesticides, hormones, hydrogenated fats, high fructose corn syrup, trans fatty acids....I don't want any of these ingredients in the foods that I eat - I am going to shop organic, make healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner that will benefit my body, and I will demand the purest, simplest and most healthy ingredients from everything I buy.

I am a fitness instructor, I work hard on my body from the outside, and now want the purest ingredients for me and my family - every body deserves it, deserves to eat food that is as close to nature as possible - not food that has been genetically modified (we'll discuss this further once i learn more). I want to see how my body responds to perfect food, how my skin looks, how my energy level is, how my digestive system responds. I admit I eat pretty healthy now - but am taking it to the next level - i want to be educated about the food I'm eating and about what food my food is eating. I often cook healthy for me and my husband and then basically feed my kids boxed food, hot dogs and basically crap - and I'm not going to do that anymore - that in itself may be my biggest challenge!

Tomorrow I will clean out my refrigerator and pantry and start with the basics milk and eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment